3 May 2010

You Know I Can Hear You, Right?

Apparently, I am an idiot. I thought the office politics had ceased since there wasn't any reason for them to continue. No one's job is in jeopardy, although the appearance of an intern seems to have ruffled some of feathers. That, however, is a completely different post.

I have a one-track mind. When I work, I immerse myself in it in order to get the job done in a timely fashion. I don't like stretching things out. Get in, get it done, get out. I was busy working and didn't notice that my phone was ringing. I blocked it out because it was a different ring; it was an internal call and I completely ignored it. By not picking up the phone, I made the girl at the end of the hall get up and walk twenty feet to my desk to tell me there is a call on hold for me. No big deal, right? I said thanks, answered the phone, did whatever and hung up. A few minutes later I needed to go to the other end of the hall and as I walked in, I heard her talking trash about me. All because I didn't hear the phone.

I walked into the room as she was saying that I am an inconsiderate bitch. She saw me and stopped talking and I told her to go on and finish what she was saying. She tried to make it look like she was kidding but it was a feeble attempt and I didn't buy it. I just looked at her, shook my head slightly and told her that I was disappointed at what she had said. I said that I didn't think she would do that sort of thing, and I reminded her that she had told me that she had previously been a victim of that same sort of thing herself. As she had nothing further to say, I walked away.

And that's my day so far.

1 comment:

Chewie said...

You are definitely not inconsiderate. ;)