17 Jan 2013

Back on Track, Everybody.

Instead of making resolutions this year, I set out some firm goals that I want to complete by the end of the year. Naturally this means that there will be crying; given the demands of my new and totally amazing job, I suspect that there will be quite a few times where I will consider giving up my passion.

Of course, I am talking about writing. I have been juggling full time work, marriage, and writing and so far I have only ever been able to manage two at any given time. I have thought about this for a while now and I have figured out how to do all three without any of them suffering.

Time travel and a clone.

Hear me out.

If I could build/find/steal a time machine, I could jump back to the times where I was not doing anything and actually be productive. Having a clone would allow me to work and write at the same time. 

I know what you're thinking: what if my husband prefers the clone?

He won't, because I will make sure the clone only looks like me and works like me. It will be a stand-in for work and nothing more.

...

After thinking this through, I am scrapping the idea of a clone. I may not enjoy the world or many of the people who dwell on its surface, but I think unleashing another one of me into society is going too far. 

Seriously though, I need to carve out time for myself. That is something that I rarely do. I am usually surrounded by people and while that is good for my brain, I need to separate myself and do things for me. I love writing; I love the way words just pour out in an uneven flow. I love the act of creating, the processes that are put into play every time I sit down to write or even just talk about writing. 

Part of my strategy includes this blog. I will be striving to post on a more consistent basis and I will work on developing my website and brand. 

Time to put on my big girl pants. This is going to be my year. 

No comments: