29 Jul 2013

Confusion is Not Good, But it Can be Helpful

I spend a lot of my time wandering around trying to figure things out. Part of this is due to my stubborn streak: I would much rather work through a problem on my own than ask for input. Last thing I need is another viewpoint getting all up in my grill and ruining my thought process.

I am learning that sometimes it's okay to hear another side. Sometimes another voice brings clarity and focus where there was only chaos and other times it adds to the confusion. Having said that, the times where things become clearer are not necessarily better: I can remember being told that my method of performing a task was sorely lacking and was provided with examples of how I could do it better. Even more to the point, I was given the name and number of an ex who had performed the act 'exquisitely' and was told that I could get some pointers. Crystal-fucking-clear. 

I appreciate when people try and help by sharing their experiences but understand that I will most likely not listen. #truth

I don't prefer to live in chaos; I prefer a more controlled existence with the occasional upset accompanied by tears and/or make up sex.

Look, it's Monday and I am tired and I am doing my best to be witty and write something clever. It isn't happening so I am going to go and day-drink.

You heard me.

No comments: