21 Jan 2014

Holy Crap You Guys

I did a bit of an experiment today and wanted to share it with you. I read an article that dealt with how people view you depending on which side you part your hair. Sounds crazy, right? Turns out, it isn't crazy and it actually works. Here's what I did.

I normally part my hair on the right. Been doing it ever since I can remember. While getting ready to go out last night, I decided to try out the theory that women who part their hair on the left are seen as more powerful than those who choose right-sided parts. I styled my hair so that the part was on the left side and left for the evening.

I didn't notice anything at all. Maybe it was because I was out with friends, but nothing was different. And then today, I went to work. Whole different ball game.    

I've been having some difficulty communicating with my boss for the past couple of months and when she came in today, she looked me in the eye rather than let her gaze slide over me like she normally does. Straight away I was intrigued. Thinking it was a one-off and wouldn't stick, I went into her office to ask a question. She stopped what she was doing, and looked at me while I spoke.

Weird. Very weird. Probably has nothing to do with my hair but thought I'd write about it anyhow. Doesn't hurt to log these things.

On a totally separate note, I have a few big things in the works that I will talk about once I get my ass in gear. Really great things and I'm very excited about how all this is starting to play out.

2014 is already shaping up to be a great year.

No comments: