24 Mar 2009

Just Answer me. Now.

One of the most infuriating things that I have to deal with at work is the lack of response. I realize that people are busy, expecially now that many companies are downsizing and those who are left have to pick up the slack but come on. Answer your emails. Return phone calls. Be mindful of other people's time and efforts.

I am coordinating a judging panel of both English and French speaking people in a series of judging efforts that span four provinces in three weeks. It all happens at once and it all has to be completed by a specific time. I have no doubt that this will go smoothly; I am just wishing that those people who are still undecided about their participation would make up their minds and then tell me so I can replace them. It is getting a little too late in the day for me to have to redo the entire judging panel but if that's what has to happen, so be it. Although I may have to be committed if that occurs.

In other news, my poor bff is being put through the wringer at work. I think she's looking for a new job right now. There's only so much a person can take before they snap, and she is very close to snapping. People are changing her documents and locking them so she can't change them back, deleting things she needs from the shared drive and generally making her life miserable. Just like high school. Poor thing. I was hoping that games tonight would cheer her up but I don't think she's going.

Right now things are pretty bleak. Although I love my job, I'm having doubts about it and I have been told that there are 'things coming up' that I might be interested in. Having said that, I guess it's time to dust off the resume and get cracking. Things don't just happen for people: you have to make them happen for yourself and I certainly won't get another job just by willing it to happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was your bff! ;)