23 Aug 2009

Some Clarification

I feel the need to explain a few things. While it's true that the boy actually physical left my apartment at the end of June, we had not been a couple for quite some time. Our lives were going in two very different directions and I needed to make a change in my life to be happy. Part of my search for happiness included him leaving. I needed him to leave my personal space and I also had to make sure that I kept myself happy rather than rely on someone else to provide it for me.

There has been a fair amount of resentment on his part, and since making my blog invitation-only I can finally safely talk about it. Some of his emails to me have been rife with venom, to the point where I marveled at my decision to date him in the first place. We have gone back and forth about why we decided to date and why he decided to move in and it all comes back to the same thing: he blames me. Apparently, the boy hasn't a thought in his head and it's all because I insisted he move in and I insisted we date. I have another idea.

When I left my husband last year, I was an absolute mess. His infidelity did a number on my ego and left me feeling as though this was all my fault. As I worked through it, I found that it wasn't my fault he made the choice he did: his insecurity abut being married to someone as phenomenal as me enabled him to choose another, lessor, woman. Starting a new relationship with someone I have known for years should have worked. It honestly should have. The fact that it didn't leads me to one conclusion: I chose the wrong person.

I am fine with that, because I have corrected the problem now and am quite happy with the way things are going in my life. I am fully capable of having a healthy relationship, I just need to find the right person to share my life with. 

3 comments:

Chewie said...

And you have 3 or 4 best friends who will be there for you whenever you need us. ;)

Transfer this transmission said...

yeah....what buttons said

Chewie said...

Wow. Really?