18 Jan 2011

Drama-free in 3...2...1...

Every single time I post here, people email me to either tell me how upset they are with whatever I've written or to make sure I'm not talking specifically about them. The last time I checked, this is my blog. If you don't like something you are reading, be an adult and stop reading. Don't email me to give me shit because I am venting and you feel like it's all about you. Chances are, you and I have already had that conversation and I am just getting rid of residual anger. It really and truly isn't a big deal until you email me to tell me you read my blog and ask me to explain myself.

I have a sharp tongue and little to no filter. I know this, my friends know this, and people whom I've just met know this. I am baffled by people's reactions to me when they ask my opinion and I give it to them undiluted and un-prettified: they just stare at me shaking their heads asking why I am so mean to them. You asked me what I thought, remember? Silly me, I thought you wanted honesty, not someone to parrot back what they think you want to hear. If that's what you are after, then holy shit did you ever ask the wrong person.

Clearly I am having a trying day and dealing with people who have little-to-no common sense. If you need to requisition a cheque, do you just email accounting and ask for the money? No, you need to provide back-up, proof if you will, that the amount you are asking for is legitimate and pertinent to a job you are involved in. It is not up to me to get that information: you want the money, you provide the back up I need in order to get it. If you don't, then I am not going to produce money out of thin air with no paper trail. I have enough to do without trying to sort out other people's regional budgets.

That's just a tiny frustrating slice of my day but I am happy to say it isn't all bad; a very wonderful and amazing thing has happened to me and while I'm keeping it to myself for now, suffice to say that it's been a long time time coming and I am happy that it's finally here.

No, I am not pregnant. Jerks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always speak the truth when someone asks you for your opinion. Eventually they'll get the point and will only when they honestly want to hear you.