10 Mar 2015

Stay on Target

Here's the funny thing about setting goals. You set them and then if you are not able to complete them, no matter the reason, you feel shitty about yourself.

No more goals. Not now, not ever.

I already refuse to make resolutions in preparation for the new year simply because I know that I am not going to follow through. Not because I am a terrible person with no direction: my reasoning is far simpler.

Trying to tell myself that I will get up every morning and exercise is futile. I am not a morning person and I find it very difficult to actually get out of bed when my alarm first goes off. Making a resolution or setting the goal to get up earlier will not work and attempting to change this right now will not give me the results I am looking for. 

I know that I need to exercise. I know that I feel better, sleep better, and have more self confidence when I make time to stretch and move. My solution is to do it when I get home; that way I get it done and, more importantly, I actually have the energy to do it and will work out longer. Problem solved.

Working within my parameters has afforded me opportunities to explore different ways of doing things I want to do. For me, it's interesting to see how I can make sure I get things done that I want to accomplish but it's also about the process. The process changes every time I feel that I want to do something.

And that, my friends, is the secret to getting shit done.

No comments: