28 Nov 2007

Brand New Start

Today is the day where I begin to keep my mouth shut when asked my opinion at work. Last week I was asked to comment on something, and although no one has confronted me yet, I believe that it has been taken out of context and used to make me look bad in front of my peers. Since I've only been in this position for a few months, I am worried that this might affect my career. Such as it is.

I am not happy about being corporate girl again. I thought I already got this out of my system, but apparently the money is too big of a draw for me to ignore. Working at the bar was fun and hard work and paid well, but I hardly ever saw my boy. Now I see him daily, have money but really dislike my job. Sigh. Am I ever going to win?

Problem is, my job consists of about fifteen different jobs rolled into one. You know, bits and pieces of other people's jobs that have been rounded up to make my position. I don't want to complain because I know that I'm lucky to have this job, but there comes a point where one has to ask the question: What the hell am I doing?

I'm not cut out for all corporate backstabbing and ladder-climbing. I'm not that cutthroat when it comes to things like that. Now if there was a sale on action figures and there was only one big shiny robot monkey figure left, you'd better believe it's mine. Back away from the monkey, bitch. He's coming home with me.

I've got so much more to say but I'm going to stop now. The coffee machine is sending out her siren call and I am powerless to resist the lure.

No comments: