17 Sept 2008

TV Can Suck My Balls

I work very hard every day. Most days I can't leave my office until after 5pm because I'm wrapping up a task that needs to be finished before my OCD will allow me to leave for the day. I come home, make dinner, do some writing and then go to bed. Not exactly an exciting existence, but one that works for me. I hardly ever watch tv as I find it too distracting when I'm trying to complete a story or whatever I happen to working on. Tonight though I thought I would see what's on the tube and boy was I ever disappointed. 

Why do I have cable? Why do I pay for HD digital stuff when there's nothing on? I keep hearing about all these great shows but you know what? They aren't on when I'm available and I refuse to be a slave to PVR. I spent my night online, surfing sites and gathering information for a book I'm writing. Fuck you, tv. I have the internet, and as long as I have that I don't need you and your plethora of commercials for useless items that you try and make me buy.

Although my cable is provided by the same people who give me the internet...

Crap.

No comments: