27 Oct 2008

Interestingly Enough, It Doesn't Matter

This time last year, I was getting ready to be married. I was at my mother-in-law-to-be's house with my best friend and bridesmaid and we were nervously getting ready; putting on makeup, adjusting our newly done hair. We opened a bottle of wine and as we toasted I pretended that I knew what I was doing and they pretended they didn't notice. There was a moment though while my best friend was lacing me into my gown where our eyes met in the mirror. She stopped lacing and just looked at me and in that moment I knew that no matter what was going to happen with my marriage, my career, or anything that she would always be there for me.

A lot can happen in a year.

This year finds me mourning for things lost; both tangible and not. I need to mourn in order to move on and live life that way I want to. Today I am maudlin. Tomorrow will be better, and as the days speed up and move along I have no fear that they will find me in exactly the place I want to be. I may not know where that place is but it doesn't matter. What matters is that I am strong enough to allow myself to mourn and rebuild in order to ensure that the remainder of my life is worthwhile. I have a lot of things I need to do and I refuse to let old things trap me into leading a lifestyle I no longer wish to participate in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi darling. I am so glad you're back. I looked you up on facebook as well. Thanks for the kind words on my blog. Let's keep in touch.

xoxo