25 Nov 2009

Losing Patience With Being Patient

Being patient is not one of my strengths. When I get an idea in my head, I want it to happen that very second and sometimes I become agitated when I am told that expecting immediate results is retarded. Like now. I am waiting for Rogers to hook up my cable and internet at my new apartment and I just texted BG to see if it's been done, knowing that it's only been five minutes since my last text asking the same thing. I will probably keep texting until I am told to stop. I just can't help myself.

I am also feeling like a bit of a failure because I had such high hopes for participating in NaNoWriMo and I completely fucked it up. I could blame work, my injury, school, homelessness, or any other number of things both real and imagined but the crux of it is that I got lazy.

There. I said it. I got lazy and let it slide, which is not normally something I would do, hence the disappointment I am feeling for not following through. This whole month has been about me just barely managing to eke by and it's only happened because along with being incredibly impatient I am also very determined. Some people might think that means that I am bull-headed, however I prefer to think of it as being strong-willed. It sounds nicer.

Did anything good come out of this horrific month? Sure, lots of things. I have a fantastic apartment that will be completely furnished as of tonight, a housewarming party coming up this weekend, a wonderful partner, fantastic friends, and a freezer full of vodka. What more could a girl ask for?

About 49, 200 words.

1 comment:

Chewie said...

After this weekend you're going to have to ask for another freezer full of vodka. ;)