16 Nov 2009

An Update

A lot has happened in the past few weeks. The awesome apartment I was to move into has turned out to be not-so awesome and I am on the hunt for a new place that will not entice people to try and kick in my door. My knee is healing well; although it still is not good, I can at least walk on it and take my pants off without BG having to shield his eyes from the hideous bruising. Work is incredibly busy and school is not going well because of my lack of concentration and the missed classes.

I am on the verge of moving yet still in limbo until I hear from my prospective new landlord. This is the part that I cannot stand: the waiting and the not-knowing. I am not the most patient person at the best of times and now because I am so stressed out it's even worse. Thankfully, my friends and family have gathered around me to help out with packing up two apartments, arranging to drive a cube van, and trying to find alternate homes for my cats.

Because of the situation I am heading into, I can't take them with me. Enough said. I am trying to deal with it the best way I can which means I am drinking too much and not getting enough sleep. It is the middle of November and I need to be out of both my apartments in less than 2 weeks. I don't know where I am going yet, and although I have put money down on a place there is no guarantee I will get it. I have been sleeping at BG's house and while that's good, I can't stay there indefinitely. No one minds me being there, I just feel like I am intruding.

I am frustrated, exhausted, and I need another good cry. Last week I had a meltdown and BG told me that he was surprised at how long it took before I finally broke. I am not proud of that; I think it's a bit scary that I can do that kind of thing. Anyway, I had a really good hiccupping cry while he held me and then that was it. A few tears since then, but no further breakdowns.

Of course, that could all change depending on whether or not I get this apartment.

1 comment:

Chewie said...

It's nothing scary to be a strong person. You're one of the strongest women I've ever known. There's no shame there. That should be all pride. BG and I sure are proud of you.
Now I need to go to the gym and do some squats. Gotta get ready for saturday's move. ;)