30 Nov 2009

This Time You've Gone Too Far

This weekend during the housewarming party at the new place, some guy tried to gain access into my apartment. He identified himself as a representative of the property management but refused to produce identification. BG and his brothers were there and as soon as they came to the door buddy took off, saying we were being unreasonable and we need to keep it down. He also said that our neighbors had gone to him personally, as he was the building rep, and complained about the noise coming from our place. When I checked (because I do this kind of thing; I check shit out) by knocking on the doors of our neightbors both on our floor and the floor below, only one person was home and he was unaware we were having a party. And he was very upset to hear that someone had told us he complained.

Did I mention building-rep guy was wearing only boxers? Anyway, when I phoned the office this morning to complain, the woman I spoke to was appalled that this sort of thing would happen. I described the guy; she said that there was no one on staff that lives in the building except for the super. She became more agitated when I told her there were children present at the partyand they had seen him in his boxers. She assured me that it would be dealt with and told me that she was putting the information into our file. When BG spoke to our super, the super knew from the description given who it was and said he would have a word with him.

So, not only is there is a crazy cat-lady at the end of the hall who comes out of her apartment whenever she hears movement to grill the people as to where they are going and for how long, there is also a weirdo below us who like to play dress up but forgets to include pants. Colourful group of people in the building. That being said, it was a great party and it's a wonderful space and I am happy to have an apartment once again.

Just wish the apartment application had come with an info sheet on the tenants.

1 comment:

Chewie said...

I say we set up a hidden camera outside cat lady's place, figure out a way to get the pantsless wonder to go knock on her door and then let the hilarity ensue. That kind of comedy we could sell for huge bucks! :)