3 Jul 2014

Horoscope, Schmoroscope

Here's my horoscope for today:

"People may drive you absolutely nuts today -- so make sure that you're giving yourself the space to escape when you need it. Things may start to get a little weird later in the day, if that's possible."

I thought that was interesting so I scoured the 'net for more horoscopes just to see if they are all saying the same thing. I don't consider this to be a waste of time: I see it as an interesting experiment.

Let's get started, shall we?

From The Globe and Mail:

"Break a few rules and put a few noses out of joint today. The planets are urging you to do something out of the ordinary, something that stirs things up a bit in your quiet little corner of the world. Rock the boat and see who falls out!"

Hmm. That sounds EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Almost like someone is just reaching into a bag of sentences and putting them together.

Now I am curious.

The Vancouver Sun says the same thing as the first one, which came from Astrology.com and I see why: The Vancouver Sun's horoscopes are taken from Astrology.com. No imagination there.

Elle magazine has this to say about my day:

"Whose side are you on anyway, Sagittarius? Remaining 'Switzerland' on matters is not a winning strategy for you today. Show your allegiance to the people who have been there for you through thick and thin. While you can privately disagree with them, in the public, it's essential that you show a unified front. Your willingness to take a stand on matters might not make you the most popular person out there, but it WILL earn you everyone's respect." 

Now I am confused. Am I supposed to give myself space, break a few rules, or take a stand? Maybe I am supposed to combine all of these to make a 'real' horoscope, like this:

"People may drive you absolutely nuts today -- so make sure that you're giving yourself the space to escape when you need it. Break a few rules and put a few noses out of joint today; your willingness to take a stand on matters might not make you the most popular person out there, but it WILL earn you everyone's respect."

#nailedit