5 Jun 2008

Well, Well, Well...

I do not have time to recap the entirety of the past couple of months. Let's just say that I am in a great place; not only with my career but also with my personal life. Things are exactly the way I have always wanted them but was too scared to take the plunge for.

My new job has the potential to be perhaps the best job I have ever had as long as things pan out the way they are supposed to and one person retires when they say they will. Last night marked the end of my madness as an event that I have been planning since I started three months ago wrapped and I now have time to actually assess the job itself. While there are administrative aspects to it, most of my job is dealing with media-related issues. For example, last night's event was an awards show for a specific group of people within the magazine publishing sector. Not a huge show, but very frantic with trying to get all the people who were to present specific awards up to the podium on time. Not to mention the fact that I don't know any of them, so I had a bit of a challenge on my hands. One person stepped up and tried to help me wrangle these people and it's because of him that I am able to post today. Because otherwise, I would be in a metal institution curled up in a ball in the corner of my room pissing myself.

I am very lucky that I have this job. It encourages me to be creative, and the woman for whom I work has given me opportunities to flex my writing muscles by letting me write copy for press releases and website reports. It might not sound huge, but to me it's everything. Plus I have a very special person in my life who has always been by my side encouraging me where others have not and loving me consistently when I wasn't able to love myself at all. I will not kiss and tell at this point simply because I am going through a very nasty divorce and I know my ex will read this but suffice to say that I am very happy and surrounded by people who love me and encourage me to follow my dreams rather than tell me why I can't achieve them.

And that's all I got right now. Perhaps Monday I will tell you all about a demolition derby...

No comments: