21 Aug 2008

Bad Decision # 34,164,967,937

Last night I had a brilliant idea. I thought to myself as I finished eating dinner that instead of painting the rest of the kitchen (which I really didn't want to do because I had run out of wine), I would actually sit down and finish writing one of the short stories I've had knocking around in my head. I sat down with my laptop and began to work. I was doing really well until I get my other bright idea: to make a pot of coffee.

I have been cutting back on caffeine lately because I have noticed that despite my saying otherwise, it actually does interfere with my sleep patterns. Since I already have difficulty sleeping, it seemed like a bit of a no-brainer to cut back until I am off it completely. I don't really drink pop so that isn't a problem; just coffee. So as I'm working away, I notice that C is on line and we start chatting.

Next thing I know I'm on my third cup of coffee from the second pot that just magically appeared and my left eye is twitching. I'm not saying it's her fault, I'm just saying she was there. When I finally ended the conversation four hours later and tried to go to sleep, my eyes kept jerking around and I fidgeted so badly that I finally had to get up and walk around. There is no cure for a caffeine overdose except time and water. I drank about three 500 mL bottles of water so that when I finally did get to sleep, I had to get up and go to the bathroom.

Lesson learned. No more chatting through gmail. Next time, I will use facebook.

No comments: