28 Jun 2014

"The Wolverine" is a Pretty Good Movie

I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, But I will say that 'The Wolverine' is much better than I originally expected it to be. Lots of action, tons of swordplay, and the appearance of a couple Marvel characters that wouldn't really work in any of the other properties.

I watched it on Netflix, which for once actually streamed properly and didn't hiccup once as the movie unfolded. They even kept in the characteristic 'wait until after the credits roll' snippet that I realized, after seeing the most recent 'X-Men' movie, ties in perfectly with the flow of the franchise.

Well played, Marvel Studios. Well played.

And the bonus of course is that Netflix didn't interrupt the movie once, which I was incredibly grateful for since Jackman was shirtless throughout most of the movie.

Although, having the movie pause during one of those scenes might not incite the rage that I would normally have.

Perhaps.