7 Jan 2015

So Far, So Good

There seems to be a bit of shift in attitudes. People are becoming more aware of what they want and are starting to try and attain those things, if they are material in nature, or shifting their patterns of behaviour, if what is wanted is more personal.

For me, the shift has been a subtle one that infiltrates my thoughts and influences my moods in order to make change happen. Finishing my novel has had a huge impact on my psyche: I now know that I can write a book, a pretty good one at that, and that people will buy it. I feel as though I am finally beginning to do the things I've wanted to do. All because I just did it.

Those articles that tell you not to wait until you're ready because you will never be ready? They are all right. Imagine my surprise to discover that just by doing the thing that I shied away from because of not feeling prepared enough, I not only did it, I fucking crushed it.

Crushed. It.

Having gone through the process already, I know what to expect and won't freak out as much. I'm going to do more this year than ever before but I'm also going to remember that it isn't a race. Actions fueled with mindful thought is the key here.

Also, I have great hair. Terrible segue I know, but it had to be said.

See, this year isn't about how many books I can pump out. It isn't about whether or not I'm going to attain any magical heights or accomplish feats of startling magnificence. This year is about the act of doing.

Just fucking do it, guy.

Get up off your ass and DO IT.

You fuck it up? Oh well. DO IT AGAIN.

You keep fucking it up?  TRY ANOTHER WAY.

You keep doing that fucking thing until you get it right or you realize that maybe it wasn't the right thing for you AT THIS TIME. It does not mean you failed; it means you failed at this moment. Leave it and go back later when you feel more focused: but do revisit it. You might find that the situation has changed in your absence and what used to be impossible is now completely attainable.

Unless it's an ex. Just leave that shit where it is and walk away from it. 

Now get out there and do something.




No comments: