11 Jan 2009

A Guy Like Oscar


There is new man in my life. His name is Oscar. He is precisely what I had in mind when I first started my search for a new feline companion. He's been in the apartment for about 5 hours and he's already found his spot: wherever my lap is. His purr is very loud and rumbly and you can feel it even when he's sitting at the opposite end of the couch.

My mom sent me a link to an cat rescue where volunteers go to shelters and rescue cats that would otherwise be euthanized due to over population. They take care of the animals and ensure that they are spayed or neutered before allowing them to be adopted out. Their application form is twice as long as the one required by the Toronto Humane Society and far more thorough. 

As soon as I saw Oscar's picture, I fell in love. I emailed asking if he was still available and when I found out he was, I dropped everything to go rushing to meet him. Now, he's sleeping on the couch on his back with all four legs splayed in the air. He is definitely content.

Anyway. I'm going to go cuddle with my cat now. He's very soft and loves it when I rub his belly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He`s awesome! I told you it would happen. ;)