5 Jan 2009

Thank God That's Over

I'm not normally one to complain but am I ever glad that 2008 is done. This year's end celebration was a bit low key for me: just a few friends hanging out in one of our favourite places and doing disco karaoke. You heard me. I didn't participate simply because the boy has such an amazing voice that I feel like an idiot trying to croak my way through three and a half minutes of a song that probably would sound better if a four year old sang it instead of me. So I sat and chatted with my friends while others forgot their own insecurities and sang their hearts out. Once the new year was counted in though, I was ready to go home.

For Christmas, the boy's parents gave me LEGO Death Star. It measures 16 inches in diameter with 24 lego dudes including the trash compactor monster. I haven't cracked it open yet but apparently I have to invite everyone over for a Death Star building party. As if I'm going to share that with anyone. I'm planning to open it soon and once the building starts I'm going to bore all of you with endless photos and commentary. Don't say you weren't warned.

There are a lot of things that I am looking forward to in 2009. Some may happen and others definitely will happen whether I want them to or not but I will be content with the end result whatever that may be. This is usually the point where I say something incredibly prolific (that's a real word, I didn't just make it up) but I am too tired to pull anything out of my hat right now. Next time I'll say something doubly prolific. Promise.

3 comments:

Nug said...

Prolific? You made that up.

Anonymous said...

I know you're going to have a wonderful year...I can just feel it. And I am SO EXCITED for you!!!

oxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Of course this year is going to be awesome. You get to help me move! What could be better than that? ;)