9 Jan 2009

What a Great Idea

While trolling through the usual websites I frequent, I came across something so startling and awesome that I just had to share. Believe me when I say that I spent the better part of my day going through each and everyone of these pictures just to make sure I was actually seeing what I was seeing. It's a cat who is making a name for himself snapping pictures. How does he do it? He has a lightweight digital camera attached to his collar that snaps a picture every 2 minutes. His owners then download the images and post them on his blog.

I can't say anymore than that. Go check it out. You won't be sorry...some of the pictures the cat has taken are better than most of the photos people put up on their sites.

Other than that awesome blog, nothing is really happening. I'm going to my mother's tomorrow so she can learn me how to knit. I tried this once before and was so stressed out by the entire process that I vowed to never do it again. I've since changed my mind because I like torturing myself and giving my mother yet another reason to be disappointed in me. She's going to feed me so it won't be all for naught. Maybe this time I can actually complete a square instead of throwing the yarn in the garbage in a blinding rage. It will be nice to hang out with my mom. My step-father won't be there so it will be nice and quiet with the possibility of some giggling.

I make my mom out to be some horrible woman but she really isn't. She used to have unusually high expectations of me, which in my youth I did my best to attain, but now that I'm older and she's mellowed out we get along fine. She is finally understanding my lack of drive to succeed in an office environment and is beginning to come to terms with the fact that I will be quitting my job to write full time. She is proud of me for doing what I've needed to to pay the rent while at the same cultivating my desire to be creative. I think her biggest fear when I first started writing was that I would quit everything and just sit at home waiting for writing jobs to land in my lap. I've managed to be fortunate enough in that I can pick and choose which projects I take and I am well paid for them. Not too many people can say that. Now that she finally understands what the whole writing thing means to me she is much more relaxed and doesn't get that parental-panicked look at the thought of possibly having to fork over cash for my rent because my cheque hasn't arrived.

Anyway. Things are good and I am happy. The end.

No comments: